If your organization wishes to have an item in the LANCASTER SCENE column of the LNP Sunday sports print section, as well as its weekly online listings, send a note to the LNP sports department, P.O. Box 1328, Lancaster, PA 17608. Items can run for up to three consecutive weeks and will not be repeated after that period. The email address is email@example.com. The fax number is 481-7327. Items must be mailed, faxed or emailed by Thursday to be included in the column.
• The Lancaster County Department of Parks & Recreation is accepting athletic field rentals through October for soccer, softball and Little League baseball. Options to renters are weekday and weekend rentals, and lit fields. For more information, call (717) 299-8215 or (717) 299-8220, or visit the Park Office at 1050 Rockford Road, Lancaster; additional information is available online at www.lancastercountyparks.org.
• Baseball players living in the Ephrata or Cocalico School District entering grades 8-12 are eligible to play for the Ephrata/Cocalico Fall Baseball teams. Season runs August through October, with doubleheaders every Saturday or Sunday in September and October. Players already in another fall sport are still eligible to participate. To register or for more info call James Gehman at (717) 587-1505 by Aug. 7. Also visit our website, www.reamstownfallbaseball.com for information.
• 2015 Fall HYA Travel Baseball registration is now open. Visit http://hyasports.countmein.com/Default.aspx and click on the baseball tabs for more information and to register.
• The Lancaster Junior Barnstormers 13U fall and spring tryouts will be held at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster from 6-8 p.m. Aug. 4. You can register for this tryout by visiting www.lancasterjrbarnstormers.com and clicking on the online forms tab in the communications column to the left in red. Players should report to the stadium no earlier than 5:40 p.m. to check in. Remember to bring your signed waiver of liability paperwork with you.
• The Keystone State Bombers 12U baseball team fall and spring tryouts will be held at the Keystone State Baseball & Softball Academy, 662 Ditz Drive, Manheim, on Aug. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m., Aug. 23 from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sept. 11 from 7 to 9 p.m. Register for tryouts at http://keystonestatebombers.com/, then click on the online registration forms. Players should report to the facility no earlier than 15 minutes prior to tryouts.
• The Mid-Atlantic Red Sox, sponsored by Under Armour, will conduct tryouts for the fall and spring 13U team on Aug. 22 at Greene Township Municipal Park, 996 Elevator St., Chambersburg. The rain date will be Aug. 23. The tryout will begin at 10 a.m. For an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Exeter Township Basketball Boosters will host a coaching clinic featuring Hall-of-Fame coach Bob Hurley from noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 3. Cost is $50. To register, mail checks, payable to Exeter Township Basketball Booster Club, to 201 E. 37th St., Resding, PA 19606, attention Thomas M. Legath. For more information, call (610)779-7949 or email email@example.com.
• Garden Spot High School has immediate openings for the following positions: assistant varsity field hockey coach, middle school cheerleading coach, JV girls’ basketball coach, middle school girls’ basketball coach, JV baseball coach, JV softball coaches and assistant track coaches (throws, jumps). Qualified candidates should send a resume and coaching application to Todd Reitnouer, Director of Athletics, Garden Spot High School at firstname.lastname@example.org. Coaching application can be found at www.elanco.org.
• Columbia High School is accepting applications for the following coaching positions: fall — head varsity girls’ tennis coach, assistant varsity football coaches, assistant junior high girls’ volleyball coach; winter — head varsity bowling coach; spring — assistant softball coach. The candidates must have a strong background in the particular sport. Interested applicants should send a letter of application and coaching resume to Jim Rhoads, Athletic Director, Columbia High School, 901 Ironville Pike, Columbia, PA 17512. To be hired, the candidate must have all necessary clearances.
• Derry Township School District (Hershey High School) is looking for a head varsity baseball coach and head varsity softball coach. Applicants should email a letter of interest and resume to Mr. John Confer, Athletic Director, at email@example.com no later than Aug. 7.
• The Hempfield athletic department has an opening for an assistant varsity football coach. Interested candidates should contact the Hempfield athletic office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cocalico School District is accepting applications for a high school assistant cross country coach. The position will begin for the 2015 fall season. Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances required. Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Cocalico School District, Attention: Whitney Seltzer, Director of Athletics, 800 South 4th Street, P.O. Box 800, Denver, PA 17517. Any questions regarding this position, contact the athletic office at 336-1438. Deadline for application is Aug. 14. The Cocalico School District is an equal opportunity employer.
• Donegal High School is seeking a varsity cross country coach. Contact Ron Kennedy at Ronald.email@example.com or call 653-1871 for more information.
• McCaskey High School is seeking candidates to serve as assistant cheerleading coach this school year. Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to Athletic Director Jonathan Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pequea Valley School District has assistant coaching positions in junior high girls’ soccer and high school field hockey available starting for the 2015-16 season. Applications can be found at www.pequeavalley.org. Submit application and resume to Dan Myers, P.O. Box 287, Kinzers, PA 17535.
• The Capital Area Chapter/Penn State Alumni Association is sponsoring a trip to Columbus, Ohio, Oct. 16-18 for the Penn State-Ohio State football game. The trip includes: ticket, motorcoach transportation, two nights’ hotel accommodations, meals and more. Cost is $599 per person/double room occupancy, $729 single room occupancy. For reservations or more information, contact Allen Cwalina at AJC8@comcast.net or (717) 343-4670.
• The 2015 Kiwanis Cup Invitational Match Play Championship will be played Sept. 12 at Royal Manchester Golf Links. The two-person team event supports the care and treatment of the critically ill and mentally and/or physically-challenged children at the Camp Lady Bug programs and the Children's Miracle Network Children's Hospital at Hershey Medical Center. Team registration and sponsorship forms for event are available by contacting Dr. Dale Treese at (717) 367-9144 or email@example.com. Only 64 team slots are available. Registration deadline is Aug. 22.
• The third annual Lancaster Public Library Golf Benefit will be held Sept. 28 at Bent Creek Country Club, Lititz. Registration is at 11:15 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $250 per person and includes 18 holes of golf (Callaway scoring), box lunch, $100 in gifts, awards dinner and more. To register or for more information visit lpl-golfbenefit.eventbrite.com or call Jennifer Wiggin at 239-2101.
• Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue will hold its annual fundraising golf outing Sept. 19 at Foxchase Golf Club in Stevens. The shotgun start begins at 1 p.m. The cost is $115 per person or $400 per foursome, and proceeds benefit golden retrievers, doodles and labs in need of finding adoptive families. The entrance fee includes greens fees, cart, prizes, dinner and refreshments. Registration and payments are due by Aug. 31. Registrations can be made online at www.dvgrr.org/events or by mail to Golf Outing, 60 Vera Cruz Road, Reinholds, PA 17569. Non-golfers are welcome to join for dinner at a cost of $40.
• Crossgates Golf Club, 1 Crossland Pass, Millersville, will offer two September group clinics. The Ladies’ Beginner Clinic will run from 4 to 5 p.m. Sept. 9, 16, 23 and 30, and the Get Golf Ready! Adult Beginner Clinics will run from 5:30 to 7 p.m. the same dates. Both will be taught by Director of Instruction Jason Przystup. For more information, contact Jason at (717) 872-4500 or visit www.crossgatesgolf.com/adult-clinics/.
• The Arabian Horse Showcase festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 27 at Crescendo Training Centre, 288 S. Fairmount Road, Ephrata. Sponsored by the Pennsylvania Arabian Horse Foundation, the free event, which includes demonstrations and education, will benefit Greystone Manor Therapeutic Riding Center. For more information, call Pat Nodecker at (717) 327-8224.
• Xtreme Lacrosse Club is holding a camp open to all girls entering fourth and fifth grade Aug. 3-5. Details and registration information can be found at www.xtremelaxpa.com.
• Lancaster Polo Club hosts regional matches each Sunday through Oct. 11 at Forney Field on Church Street in Rothsville (between Lititz and Brownstown, two blocks south off Route 772). This week, Aug. 2, LPC is scheduled to play Copper Beech on “Salute Local Business Day.” Gates open at 1 p.m. and matches start at 2:30 p.m. Admission is $5, and children under 12 are admitted free. Tailgating welcomed. For more information, visit www.lancasterpolo.org.
• Brightside Opportunity Center, at 515 Hershey Ave., Lancaster, offers a variety of programs for all ages, and a diverse population. Yoga, a nutritionist, fitness, personal trainers, basketball, Zumba and Soul line dancing are among the available programs. To register call (717) 509-1342 or come in.
• Ephrata Rec Center, 130 S. Academy Dr., offers a wide variety of programs for all ages including sports, fitness, wellness, aquatics and special events. For more information visit www.ephratarec.com or call (717) 738-1167.
• Greater Elizabethtown Area Recreation & Community Services offers programs and activities for all ages. Registration is accepted online at www.GetintoGEARS.org, by phone (367-0355) or fax (367-4138) with a Visa or MasterCard credit card, and by walk-in or mail-in at 600 E. High St., Elizabethtown 17022. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Hempfield Rec Center, 950 Church St., Landisville, offers instructional, group exercise and sports programs for all ages. Opportunities include aquatics, fitness, lifeguarding, personal training, sport-specific training, tennis, wellness and special events. For more information, visit www.hempfieldrec.com or call (717) 898-3102.
• Lampeter-Strasburg YMCA, 800 Village Road, West Lampeter Township, offers a variety of leagues and programs. Call 464-4000 or visit lsymca.com.
• Lancaster Family YMCA offers a wide variety of youth and adult sports programs, including basketball, roller hockey, soccer and more. For more information, visit lancasterymca.org or contact Ron Stief, sports director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 464-4000, ext. 1212.
• Lancaster Rec offers instructional, exercise and recreational programs. Call 392-2115, ext. 147, or visit www.lancasterrec.org.
• Lititz recCenter offers a variety of programs for all ages including sports, fitness, wellness, aquatics and special events. For more information visit www.lititzrec.com or call 626-5096.
• Manheim Township Recreation Department offers a selection of sports leagues and programs. Call 290-7180, ext. 3100, or visit manheimtownship.org/parks—rec.htm.
• Masonic Life Center, Elizabethtown, has fitness programs, pool classes and swim times. For details, visit masonicvillagespa.org (click on Elizabethtown under “Location”).
• SECA — the Southern End Community Association — of Quarryville offers a wide variety of programs and leagues. Call 806-0123 or visit www.secarec.org for more information.
• YMCA at New Holland, 123 N. Shirk Road, offers personal fitness class and programs, swim instruction, league and a wide variety of programs for youth, adult and seniors. Visit lancasterymca.org.
• Town Square Health Club in Manheim offers land and water exercise activities. Call Haley Brumbach at 664-6306.
• East Petersburg Inline Hockey will hold registration for its fall youth league at Play It Again Sports, 411 Granite Run Dr., Lancaster, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 8, 15, 22 and 29. Cost is $50 with shirt, $40 without. For More information, call Don Krow at 892-8534.
• The Penn Legacy Knightmares girls’ rugby team is accepting registrations to play in the Rugby Pennsylvania 2015 Fall Olympic (7s) Rugby Competition. Players must be in middle school or high school, and can reside in any school district. The Knightmares will compete from on Sundays from mid-September until late October. Practices start Aug. 18, and will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Centerville ES from 5 to 7 p.m. Registration is online and open at: https://pennlegacy.org/rugbyfc.html. For more information contact Joseph Capp at (717) 413-8549 or email@example.com.
• The Lancaster Road Runners Club Invites runners of all ages and abilities to participate in its spring fun runs, held throughout the area every Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. We will be at 425 Crosswinds Drive, Lititz, this week. For more information, contact Barry at 626-1142. Information about Thursday evening and Sunday morning trail runs can also be found on the club website, www.lrrclub.org.
• The Ox Trot 5-mile race will be held Aug. 8 at 8 a.m., starting and ending at Bowmansville Memorial Park. Event-day registration is $25, and will begin at 6:45 a.m. Register through Active.com. Proceeds benefit Garden Spot Cross Country team. For more information, visit www.GSrunning.org or contact Brent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 16th annual Amos Herr 5K Honey Run is slated for Aug. 23. A Kids' Color Fun Run will begin at 5 p.m., followed by the 5K run at 6 p.m. at Amos Herr Park in Landisville. Runner preregistration deadline is Aug. 8, with late registration until Aug. 18. After Aug. 19, runners must register the day of event. Race day sign-ups are 4 p.m. until a half-hour before the events. Details and an online registration link are available at http://hempfieldrec.com/amos-herr-honey-run/.
• The Art Harrington Scholarship Run will be held at 6 p.m. Aug. 22 at the Solanco High School Cross Country Course. This event is open to all Solanco Alumni and families and friends of Solanco XC. Registration forms with race times and event details can be accessed at www.solancoxc.org or by emailing a request to email@example.com.
• The Huey Hustle 5K on the Runway will be held at 8 a.m. (registration begins at 7 a.m.) Sept. 26 at the Lancaster Airport in Lititz. This event is a fundraiser for the Liberty War Bird Association’s restoration of a Huey helicopter. Breakfast, free to runners and $5 for others, will be served after the race, which will be run on the runway, taxiways and Airport Road. Registration, $25 before Sept. 14 and $30 after, is available at www.pretzelcitysports.com. More information is available at http://libertywarbirds.com.
• Penn Legacy Soccer has opened registration for its Men's Over-30 League. Back for its fourth fall season, the league offers weekly Friday evening games played from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Sept. 11 through Nov. 6 at the Hempfield High School Quad (artificial turf fields). There are no practices, just weekly games. Schedules will be posted in late August and shirts handed out at the first game. No experience is necessary, and players may register as individuals. Deadline to register is Aug. 15. Go to http://www.pennlegacy.org/adult-rec.html for more details and to register.
• Lady Stormers Softball will hold tryouts for the 2015-16 season on Aug. 5 (12U) 5-8 p.m.; Aug. 8 (12/14U) 8-11:30 a.m., (16/18U) noon-3 p.m.; Aug. 11 (14/16U) 5-8 p.m.; and Aug. 15 (12/14U) 8-11:30 a.m., (16/18U) noon-3 p.m. All tryouts are at Reidenbaugh Elementary School Softball Field, 1001 Buckwalter Road, Lititz. Register online at www.LadyStormers.com.
• The Lady Stormers Softball College Showcase Team will be taking applications for the 2015/2016 season. Team is for girls who are serious about playing softball in college. For more information, contact coach Terry Choate at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 512-9815. All other interested players register at www.ladystormers.com.
• Keystone Softball Academy registration is now open for the 2015-16 season. All tryouts will be held at 755 Hanover St., Lebanon (Stoever's Dam Park). Tryouts for 10U/12U will be held Aug. 10 and 12 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. and Aug. 15 from 9 to 11 a.m. Tryouts for 14U, 16U and 18U will be on Aug. 11 and 13 from 6 to 8:30 p.m., Aug. 15 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. and Aug. 16 from noon to 2:30 p.m. For more information and to register go to http://www.leaguelineup.com/ksasoftballorg.
• A coed softball team is looking for three female players — a catcher, a second baseman and a right fielder. Games are Monday and Wednesday nights in Lancaster starting the week of Sept. 7. If Interested, call (717) 397-3314; ask for Mark.
• The Razorbacks club team will be accepting new players for the 2015 fall and 2016 summer seasons. Interested players should contact Jere Flick at (717) 940-1549 or email@example.com. Visit razorbacksoftball.com for more information.
• The Force will hold tryouts for its 2016 travel season on Aug. 9 and 16 starting at 1 p.m. and Aug. 13 starting at 6 p.m. All tryouts will be held at the Rheems Softball Complex, 136 Robinson Drive, Elizabethtown. Tryouts are for ages 12, 14, 16 and 18. Any questions may be directed to Terry Seiders firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 572-4261.
• Diplomat Swim Club, a USA Swimming-affiliated team at Franklin & Marshall, has registration open for the 2015-16 short course season. DSC has eight different swim groups according to age and abilities. A full description and registration packet is available on the "Registration" tab at www.diplomatswimclub.org Questions may be submitted via our website or directly to head coach Gwyn Atkinson (email@example.com) or club president Brian Uhlin (firstname.lastname@example.org).