If your organization wishes to have an item in the LANCASTER SCENE column of the LNP Sunday sports print section, as well as its weekly online listings, send a note to the LNP sports department, P.O. Box 1328, Lancaster, PA 17608. Items may run for up to three consecutive weeks and will not be repeated after that period. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The fax number is 481-7327. Items must be mailed, faxed or emailed by Thursday to be included in the column.
• Complete Game Academy has several upcoming programs scheduled:
— Baseball camps will be held from the last week of June through early August, Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
— Headed by former Tampa Bay Ray Austin Hinkle, CGA instructors are offering individual, group and team lessons. Fielding, pitching and hitting instruction is all available.
— Tryouts for 8U-18U teams will be held every Friday in June at CGA, 11 Distribution Drive, Elizabethtown. There is no evaluation fee, but pre-registration is required.
To register for any of these programs, or for more information, contact keith@Completegameacademy.com or call 717-366-4475.
• The Warwick Warriors summer girls basketball camp for girls entering grades 3-9 will be held June 19-22 from 9 a.m. to noon each day at Warwick High School. All campers will receive instruction from the Warwick girls basketball coaching staff and varsity players. Along with skill development, campers will be versed on rules of the game, sportsmanship, and teamwork. Register by June 5 to be guaranteed a T-shirt. Email coach Janelle Garber to register at email@example.com.
• Manheim Township Blue Streaks Basketball Camp for boys entering grades 1-8 will be held July 10-14 at Manheim Township High School. Instruction, and skill development will be led by the boys varsity coaches and players. Cost is $75 for grades 4-8 and will run from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $50 for grades 1-3 and will run from 1 to 3 p.m. Registration includes a T-shirt for all campers. Registration forms are available at the Manheim Township High School office, or MTWP.net under the "Athletics" tab. Walk-up registrations are also welcome. Questions may be directed to Head Coach Matt Johns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 717-560-3107.
• The Conestoga Valley High School boys basketball team will hold its ninth annual youth camp for players entering grades 4-10 for the 2017-18 school year. The camp runs June 19-22 from 8 a.m. to noon daily. Each day includes instructional stations, drills, games, contests and prizes. Register online at cvyouthbasketball.com.
• Demand More Basketball Camp, a three-day skills camp for boys who will be entering grades 6-8 in the fall, will be held June 23-25 at Greenview Bible Camp in Denver. The program is directed by Nate Long, varsity coach at Lancaster County Christian School in Leola. For more information, visit the camp website at greenviewbiblecamp.org. Click on summer camps, then specialty camps.
• Conestoga Valley School District is accepting applications for an assistant girls soccer coach, assistant boys basketball coach and head junior high wrestling coach. Visit conestogavalley.org/jobs.cfm for more information on the application process, or email Zac Kraft, Athletic Director, Conestoga Valley High School, at email@example.com.
• Donegal High School has immediate openings for the following positions: head cross country coach, junior high cross country coach, junior high field hockey coach, junior high girls basketball coach, junior high head boys soccer coach (spring) and junior high head girls soccer coach (spring). Interested applicants should contact Tamela Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org in Human Resources to request an application packet or call 717-492-1308 for more information.
• The Hempfield athletic department has an opening for an assistant varsity field hockey coach. Interested candidates must apply online at hempfieldsd.org. For questions, contact the Hempfield Athletic Office at email@example.com.
• Manheim Township School District is seeking a junior high assistant cross country coach, varsity assistant/junior varsity head girls volleyball coach, varsity assistant girls basketball coach, junior high assistant field hockey coach, varsity assistant wrestling coach, and varsity head softball coach. Send completed support services application, found on our web at mtwp.net, letter of interest and resume to Manheim Township School District, Human Resources Dept, PO Box 5134, Lancaster, PA 17606-5134 or email to WengerDe@mtwp.net. Deadline for applications is June 15, or until successful candidate is selected.
• Penn Manor High School is accepting applications for a head high school girls lacrosse coach for the 2017-18 school year. Send resumes to Athletic Director Jeff Roth, Penn Manor High School, P.O. Box 1001, Millersville, PA 17551, or call 717-872-9520 x 1367 or email Jeff.Roth@pennmanor.net.
• Warwick High School is accepting coaching applications for a junior high boys soccer coach. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and a coaching resume to Warwick High School, Attn: Ryan Landis, Director of Athletics, 301 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543. Applications will also be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lancaster County Christian School is accepting applications for coaches in the following programs: varsity boys soccer, middle school girls basketball and middle school boys basketball. The application is available on the school's website at lccs.cc. Look for coaching application tab under Athletics. Qualified candidates should have previous playing and/or coaching experience. Candidates will need to provide all appropriate clearances. Questions may be directed to Steve Rohrbaugh at email@example.com.
• Derry Township School District (Hershey High School) is looking for a head varsity baseball coach, head varsity softball coach, head junior high girls basketball coach and an assistant junior high girls basketball coach. Applicants should email a letter of interest and resume to Athletic Director Scott Govern at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 29, or until positions are filled. Acts 34, 151, 114 and 168 clearances required prior to selection.
• MU/RAD Field Hockey Camp will be held July 7-9 for teams, individuals, or day campers. Elite teaching and competitions for all levels, and team discounts are available. There will also be a Firefly Youth Camp available for children in grades 2-8. Contact Shelly Behrens at email@example.com or 717-871-7680 with questions, or visit totalcamps.com/MILLERSVILLEFIELDHOCKEY/home.
• Next Level Youth Field Hockey Camp, directed by head coach Jessica Shellenberger, will take place at Elizabethtown High School from June 12 to 16 and will run daily from 8 to 11 a.m. The camp is for all interested field hockey players entering grades 1 through 9 in Fall 2017. For more information contact Coach Shellenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the website at nextlevelfieldhockey.com.
• The Lancaster Chapter of PIAA Football needs new officials. Visit the website at piaa.org/officials/ for information on how to become an official and to apply online. For more information, visit lancasterfootballofficials.org.
• The annual One Day Better-Ball Championship, sponsored by Lancaster Toyota and Lancaster Ladies City-County Golf Association, is set for June 11, with tee times beginning at noon. Competitors must be residents of Lancaster County or members of a club or ladies league in Lancaster County and maintain a USGA handicap index. Field will be limited to 60 teams. Interested golfers should visit lancasterladiesgolf.com for the registration form and the tournament’s rules and regulations.
• The Strasburg Fire Company Golf Tournament, originally scheduled for May 5 at Tanglewood Golf Course, was postponed until July 14 due to inclement weather. Opportunities are still available for participation in the tournament. Applications may be obtained online at strasburgfire.com or by contacting Jim Kiscaden at 717-464-7866. Applications will be accepted until July 5.
• Manor Golf Club, 153 Bran Road, Sinking Spring, will host several upcoming clinics. Get Golf Ready in 4 Days (June 5, 7, 12 and 14, and June 19, 21, 26 and 28), and Get Golf Ready in 4 Days: Women2Women Clinic (June 6, 13, 20 and 27) both cost $99 and run from 6 to 7:20 p.m. For children ages 4-7, Junior Golf Camp: Sticks for Lil Kids, costing $65, will run from 6 to 7:15 p.m. June 5, 6 and 7, and 9 to 10:15 a.m. June 12-14. Also, for children ages 8-15, Sticks for Kids: First Tee, costing $125 and including lunch, will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 19-22. For more information about any of the programs, email email@example.com.
• Manheim Township Rec will be hosting its first adult coed kickball tournament June 24. Teams must always have at least four women on the field and all team members on the roster (minimum 10/maximum 12) participate in the kicking lineup. Tournament format will be either double-elimination or round-robin, based on number of team registrations. Fee is $50 per team. Team roster and rules available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Harry at 717-290-7180 x 3103. Registration deadline is June 15.
• Spooky Nook Sports will offer a women's lacrosse league for players ages 16 and over beginning June 12. Games will be played on Monday evenings through mid-August. Register by June 8 (if space is still available) at spookynooksports.com or call 717-618-8513 for details.
• Certified lifeguard positions are available with the Lancaster County Department of Parks & Recreation for the 2017 season. Full reimbursement of lifeguard certification costs is available for qualified candidates. For more information visit co.lancaster.pa.us/255/Pool.
• Sports physicals for all Manheim Central athletes entering grades 7-12 in all sports will be given June 5 in the training room at the senior high. Necessary forms and other pertinent details are available at the senior high and middle school offices, and also on the school's website, manheimcentral.org.
• Lancaster Polo Club hosts regional matches each Sunday from June 11 until Oct. 8 at Forney Field on Church Street in Rothsville, between Lititz and Brownstown, two blocks south off Route 772. June 10 is the club’s 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. preseason work day, with June 11 set for Opening Day and a “Celebrate Lancaster” event to benefit Downtown Lancaster Market's "Raise the Roof" campaign. Gates open at 1 p.m. and matches start at 2:30 p.m. Admission is $5, and children under 12 are admitted free. Tailgating welcomed. For more information, visit lancasterpolo.org.
• Brightside Opportunity Center, at 515 Hershey Ave., Lancaster, offers a variety of programs for all ages, and a diverse population. Yoga, a nutritionist, fitness, personal trainers, basketball, Zumba and Soul line dancing are among the available programs. To register call 717-509-1342 or come in.
• Ephrata Rec Center, 130 S. Academy Drive, offers a wide variety of programs for all ages including sports, fitness, wellness, aquatics and special events. For more information visit ephratarec.com or call 717-738-1167.
• Greater Elizabethtown Area Recreation & Community Services offers programs and activities for all ages. Registration is accepted online at GetintoGEARS.org, by phone (717-367-0355) or fax (717-367-4138) with a Visa or MasterCard credit card, and by walk-in or mail-in at 600 E. High St., Elizabethtown, PA 17022. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Hempfield Rec Center, 950 Church St., Landisville, offers instructional, group exercise and sports programs for all ages. Opportunities include aquatics, fitness, lifeguarding, personal training, sport-specific training, tennis, wellness and special events. For more information, visit hempfieldrec.com or call 717-898-3102.
• Lampeter-Strasburg YMCA, 800 Village Road, West Lampeter Township, offers a variety of leagues and programs. Call 717-464-4000 or visit lancasterymca.org.
• Lancaster Family YMCA offers a wide variety of youth and adult sports programs, including basketball, roller hockey, soccer and more. For more information, visit lancasterymca.org or contact Deric Hafer, sports director, at Dhafer@lancasterymca.org or 717-464-4000, ext. 1212.
• Lancaster Rec offers instructional, exercise and recreational programs. Call 717-392-2115, ext. 147, or visit lancasterrec.org.
• Lititz recCenter, 301 W. Maple St., Lititz, offers a variety of programs for all ages including sports, fitness, wellness, aquatics, American Red Cross classes, massage/facials, and special events. For more information visit lititzrec.com or call 717-626-5096.
• Lititz recROC, 201 Rock Lititz Blvd., Lititz, offers a variety of physical fitness activities including bouldering, obstacle course — ninja warrior style, traditional fitness, and special events. For more information visit lititzrecroc.com or call 717-874-3281.
• Manheim Township Recreation Department offers a selection of sports leagues and programs. Call 717-290-7180, ext. 3100, or visit manheimtownship.org.
• Masonic Life Center, Elizabethtown, has fitness programs, pool classes and swim times. For details, visit masonicvillagespa.org (click on Elizabethtown under “Location”).
• Southern End Community Association — SECA — in Quarryville, offers a wide variety of recreational, exercise, sports programs and leagues. Call 717-806-0123 or see secarec.org.
• Town Square Health Club in Manheim offers land and water exercise activities. Call Haley Brumbach at 717-664-6306.
• YMCA at New Holland, 123 N. Shirk Road, offers personal fitness class and programs, swim instruction, league and a wide variety of programs for youth, adult and seniors. Visit lancasterymca.org.
• The Lancaster Road Runners Club invites runners of all ages and abilities to participate in its fun runs, held throughout the area every Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. This week, the group is running from 341 W. Donegal St., Mount Joy. For more information, contact Heather at 717-870-5076. Information about Thursday evening and Sunday morning trail runs can also be found on the club website, lrrclub.org.
• The Solanco Cross Country and Track Alumni Association will be hosting a "One-Hour Distance Challenge" at the Solanco High School track at 7 p.m. June 10. The event is open to all alumni, family, friends and supporters of Solanco cross country. There will be individual and team relay events with the goal of accumulating the greatest distance in the one hour timed event. The event will support the Solanco Food Bank and the Solanco cross country team summer camp. More information and registration details may be accessed at solancoxc.org or by emailing Coach Ausel at email@example.com.
• Lancaster Bible College is again running its Summer 5K Series, this year as a fundraiser to benefit the school’s cross country and track and field teams. Race days are June 14, June 28, July 12, July 26 and Aug. 9. Cost is $10 per entrant, with race-day registration only, opening at 5:30 p.m. in advance of each race’s 7 p.m. start time at LBC’s Horst Athletic Center. For more information, visit bren8485.wixsite.com/lbc-track-field/2017-5k-series.
• Spooky Nook Sports will offer a summer sand volleyball quads league for players of all skill levels beginning June 12. Register by June 5 at spookynooksports.com or call 717-618-8513 for details.
• Klick Lewis Arena will host an Olympic Day on June 23 featuring power skating for hockey minicamps hosted by former Olympian Allison Baver. There will also be autograph and photo opportunities with the bronze medalist and other local Olympians. Minicamp times at the arena, at 101 Landings Drive, Annville, are: 9-11 a.m. (ages 10-under), 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (ages 12-under), 2-4 p.m. (ages 14-under), and 4-6 p.m. (ages 15-over). All proceeds benefit Baver’s Off the Ice Foundation. Register online at offtheice.org/grit-power-skating-events/olympicday.
• Penn Legacy Soccer Club is looking for soccer players to join teams to fill out a few roster spots in ages U8 through U19, boys and girls. These positions would be for teams that will start training/playing for the new year this summer/fall. Players interested in arranging a tryout for possible placement on a team, should email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit pennlegacy.org.
• Penn Legacy FC and LANCO Fieldhouse are hosting a wide range of Adult Outdoor Summer Soccer Leagues this June and July. There will be over-30 and over-40 men's and women's leagues, and open men and open women's leagues. Individual and team registrations will be accepted. To register visit lancofieldhouse.com or call the fieldhouse at 717-560-0717.
• USA|ASA Softball 10 Man B - East States tournament is upcoming. Roster and 3 pickups, with new pitching rule in effect. Fields: Lower Allen 2 - Community Park. Cost is $345. Dates are June 16-18, with a cutoff of June 10. Prize money is determined by number of teams. For more information, contact Terry McGallicher at 717-283-7890 or Willie Powell at 717-344-6582.
• John Apple Swim Fund will host its annual fundraiser, Apple Palooza, from 3 to 9 p.m. June 10 at Woodridge Swim Club, 50 W. 7th St., Lititz. Benefitting Lancaster swimmers, the event will feature live music, raffle, family relays, food truck, beer garden, kid activities, DJ, and scholarship awards. $5 admission at door, children 3 & under free. For more information, visit johnappleswimfund.org.
• Looking for a group of adults to swim with? Join the group of swimmers/triathletes at Franklin and Marshall College. Cost is $50 per month. Come try out a session for free. All levels of swimmers welcomed. Group meets Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m. at the Alumni Sports and Fitness Building off Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster.
• The Lancaster County Department of Parks and Recreation and Lancaster Tennis Central will sponsor a free junior tennis clinic in Central Park from 10 to 11 a.m. June 24. Recommended for beginner level players ages 6-13, the clinic will be led by coach Jeff Kitsock and volunteers from Tennis Central. Participants should bring a racket if they have one; a small supply of loaner rackets will be available. Class size is limited. Call 717-295-2055 to register by noon June 23.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Millersville University will host "All-Comers" track & field meets at Biemsderfer Stadium on June 8, 15, 22 and 29. Open to all competitors, the entry fee is $10 per meet. All participants must sign a release form to compete. Additional meet details and the release form may be found at bobtrump.com or at millersvilleathletics.com/documents/2017/4/5//2017_Millersville_University_All_Comers_Meet.pdf?id=3700.
• Conestoga Valley is hosting a summer wrestling day camp June 13-15 for advanced youth, junior high and high school athletes (grades 4-12). Each day includes two two-hour training sessions featuring guest clinicians from the collegiate ranks. Cost is $100. Day rates are available. Register online at conestogavalleywrestling.com/wrestling-day-camp. For questions, email email@example.com.
• Complete Game Academy is offering youth programs covering a wide range of sports for boys and girls ages 3-8. Contact keith@Completegameacademy.com or 717-366-4475 for more information.