If your organization wishes to have an item in the LANCASTER SCENE column of the LNP Sunday sports print section, as well as its weekly online listings, send a note to the LNP sports department, P.O. Box 1328, Lancaster, PA 17608. Items may run for up to three consecutive weeks and will not be repeated after that period. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The fax number is 717-399-6507. Items must be mailed, faxed or emailed by Thursday to be included in the column.
• The Keystone State Games Baseball Blue Mountain Region — Berks, Schuylkill, Lancaster, Lebanon, Dauphin, York, Cumberland Juniata, Adams, Perry, Franklin and Fulton counties — is seeking interested players for the 2019 games, to be held Aug. 1-4 in Wilkes-Barre. To be eligible, players must be a 2020, 2021, 2022, or 2023 graduate living in one of the specified counties. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Hempfield Girls Basketball Camp 2019 for girls entering grades 2-9 (ages 7-15) will be held June 24-27 from 9 a.m. to noon at Hempfield High School’s Buchanan Gym. Cost is $75 for the first player, $60 for additional siblings. For a registration form go online at hempfieldsd.org, find “athletics” then “girls basketball.” Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Ephrata Mini-Mounts Basketball Camp for girls entering grades 3-9 will be held from 8:30 a.m. to noon July 8-11 at Ephrata Middle School. Focus will be on skill development, competitions and games. Registration forms are available on the Lady Mounts Basketball website or by contacting Coach Cerullo at email@example.com.
• Manheim Township Blue Streaks Basketball Camp for boys entering grades 1-8 will be held July 8-12 at Manheim Twp High School. Instruction, and skill development will be led by the boys varsity coaches and players. Cost is $80 for grades 4-8 and will run from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $50 for grades 1-3 and will run from 1-3 p.m. Registration includes a T-shirt for all campers. Registration forms are available at the Manheim Twp High School office or MTWP.net under the “Athletics” tab. Walk up registrations are always welcome. Questions may be directed to head coach Matt Johns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 717-560-3107.
• At the Elizabethtown Basketball Skills Camp, join EAHS varsity assistant coach Lee Eckert for this camp for boys and girls entering grades 3-8. Camp will focus on the fundamentals of basketball — ball handling, shooting, passing, defense, rebounding and post moves — in a fun but competitive atmosphere. Camp is from 10 a.m.-noon June 24-27 at the Bear Creek Gym, 1459 Sheaffer Road, Elizabethtown. For more information or to register call 717-367-0355 or go online at GetintoGEARS.org.
• Donegal Indians Boys Basketball Camp will be held daily from 8:30a.m.-noon June 17-20 at Donegal High School, Mount Joy, for all boys entering grades 4-9. Cost is $75 for first child, reduced rates for second child. Daily schedule includes stretching, relays, fundamentals, leagues and contests. Prizes will be given throughout the week. Contact Coach Dolan at 717-587-4857 or email email@example.com with any questions.
• The second annual Warwick Warrior Summer Bowling Camp will be held Aug. 12-15 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 222 Dutch Lanes. The camp is for all students entering grades 3-12. Cost is $65, $55 for a second child per family. The camp provides an opportunity for boys and girls to develop bowling skills, with the the main goal to have fun and develop future players for Warwick’s high school bowling program. Instruction is provided by Warwick coaches and players. Deadline to register is July 10. To register online, contact Coach Neal Vital at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-538-9247.
• Manheim Township Youth Cheerleading registration for athletes ages 5 to 14 is now open at mtyfa.com. Participants will cheer at youth football games and also attend competitions. Contact Crystal Weaver at email@example.com for more information.
• The Elizabethtown Area School District has openings for assistant soccer and football coaches. Go online at etownschools.org for details and to apply.
• Warwick High School is accepting coaching applications for junior high cheerleading coach, assistant boys soccer coach, assistant football coach, and head track coach. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and a coaching resume to Warwick High School, Attn: Ryan Landis, Director of Athletics, 301 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543. Applications will also be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The School District of Lancaster is currently seeking an assistant football coach at Reynolds Middle School and an assistant girls soccer coach at McCaskey High School. Qualified candidates may apply online at lancaster.12.pa.us by clicking the “Careers” link. Further information may be obtained by emailing email@example.com or calling the McCaskey Athletic Office at 717-291-6198.
• The Lampeter-Strasburg Athletic Department has the several vacancies for the 2019-20 school year, including: fall — junior high head field hockey coach, high school JV boys soccer coach, junior high assistant boys soccer coach, high school JV girls soccer coach and high school JV/assistant varsity volleyball coach; winter — junior high assistant girls basketball coach and high school assistant swimming coach; and spring — junior high assistant track coach. Qualified candidates should have previous playing and/or coaching experience, and may apply online at l-spioneers.org/Departments/Human-Resources/. Positions open until filled. EOE.
• Penn Manor has several vacancies, including junior high head wrestling coach, junior high varsity head boys soccer coach, junior high JV head boys soccer coach and high school JV head girls soccer coach. Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Exeter Township High School in Berks County is looking for a head varsity girls lacrosse coach. Applicants should contact Athletic Director Tom Legath at email@example.com.
• Derry Township School District (Hershey High School) is seeking an assistant varsity golf coach. Applicants should email a letter of interest and resume to Athletic Director Scott Govern at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 20 or until position is filled. Acts 34, 151, 114 and 168 clearances required prior to selection.
• For the Love of Field Hockey Summer Camp, directed by Angie Haas Strouse, is being offered to student-athletes entering grades 1-9. It is a unique, character-building experience from July 8-11 at Keystone State in Manheim. For more information or to register, email Coach Angie at email@example.com.
• Next Level Youth Field Hockey Camp, directed by head coach Jessica Shellenberger, will take place at Elizabethtown High School from June 17-21, running daily from 8-11 a.m. The camp is for all interested field hockey players entering grades 1-6 this fall. For more information contact Coach Shellenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the website at nextlevelfieldhockey.com.
• Next Level Junior High Field Hockey Camp, directed by head coach Jessica Shellenberger, will take place at Donegal High School from June 24-27, running daily from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The camp is for all interested field hockey players entering grades 7-9 this fall. For more information contact Coach Shellenberger at email@example.com or check out the website at nextlevelfieldhockey.com.
• Reserved seats will be available at Manheim Central during the summer months up until the home opener Aug. 23. Application forms may be obtained from the district office and main offices at the high school and middle school.
• Susquehanna Valley Sports will be offering a fundamental football camp for quarterbacks and receivers on July 7. This mini-camp is open to all ages. For more information go online at svssports.com or call Jim Cantafio at 717-468-7185.
• Manor Golf Club will host a nine-hole men’s league at 5 p.m. each Wednesday this summer. Open to all levels, it is drop-in and points-based. Cost is $19 a week. For more information, go online at themanorgolfclub.com or call 610-678-9597.
• The Wilson Open Golf Tournament, sponsored by the Wilson Sports Hall of Fame Foundation, will be held Aug. 2 at Manor Golf Course. There will be one shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $75 per person, which includes green fees, cart, food catered by Wegmans and beverages. Food will be served from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Format is a choice of medal play or four-person team scramble. For more information or to enter, contact Dan Witman at 610-678-2585, 610-401-5432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Central Penn Panthers Youth Ice Hockey Club will hold an additional player evaluation for the 2019-20 ice hockey season at 7:30 p.m. June 25. The evaluation, for 6U/8U, and 10U team placements (travel and in-house), will be held at Regency Ice Rink, 2155 Ambassador Circle, Lancaster. Players must bring a copy of their current USA Hockey Registration. For information contact email@example.com.
• Learn to play hockey. Free program available for Manheim Township and Warwick students from kindergarten through grade 8. Running from noon-1 p.m. July 13 and 27 at Lancaster Ice Rink. Register online at freeicetime.com. For more information, players should email firstname.lastname@example.org (Warwick students) or email@example.com (MT students). Equipment will be available.
• Manheim Township ice hockey’s registration for the 2019-20 season is now open. Visit MTIcehockey.com to complete the online registration. Manheim Township students are eligible to play for the middle school team (grades 5-8) or high school team (grades 9-12). For more information, contact Scott Yoder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• GEARS will hold a girls lacrosse camp from 6-8 p.m. June 17-21 at Elizabethtown High School Field No. 2 for children in grades 3-8. Campers will improve on their fundamentals of the game while playing fun games with the EAHS players. Instruction will be led by Lady Bears varsity’s Coach Benson. To register or for more information, go online at GetintoGEARS.org or call 717-367-0355.
• The Lancaster County Department of Parks & Recreation is accepting applications for certified lifeguard positions for the Central Park Swimming Pool. To apply online, visit co.lancaster.pa.us/1144/Employment-Opportunities or for information, email email@example.com.
• Lancaster Polo Club will host regional matches most Sundays through Oct. 13 at Forney Field on Church Street in Rothsville, between Lititz and Brownstown, two blocks south off Route 772. Today is the club’s Father’s Day event, and June 23 is Hat Day. Gates open at 1 p.m. each weekend, and matches start at 2:30 p.m. Admission is $5, and children under 12 are admitted free. For more information, visit lancasterpolo.org.
• Brightside Opportunities Center, at 515 Hershey Ave., Lancaster, offers a variety of programs for all ages, with a diverse population — yoga, family yoga, Tai Chi, nutritionist, fitness center, and personal trainers, to name a few. If you are interested in signing up for programs or looking for more information, contact Willetta Calvin at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 717-509-1342 x241.
• Ephrata recCenter, 130 S. Academy Drive, offers a wide variety of programs for all ages including sports, fitness, wellness, aquatics and special events. For more information visit ephratarec.com or call 717-738-1167.
• Greater Elizabethtown Area Recreation & Community Services offers programs and activities for all ages. Registration is accepted online at GetintoGEARS.org, by phone (717-367-0355) or fax (717-367-4138) with a Visa or MasterCard credit card, and by walk-in or mail-in at 600 E. High St., Elizabethtown, PA 17022. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Hempfield recCenter, 950 Church St., Landisville, offers instructional, group exercise and sports programs for all ages. Opportunities include aquatics, fitness, lifeguarding, personal training, sport-specific training, tennis, wellness and special events. For more information, visit hempfieldrec.com or call 717-898-3102.
• Lampeter-Strasburg YMCA, 800 Village Road, West Lampeter Township, offers a variety of leagues and programs. Call 717-464-4000 or visit lancasterymca.org.
• Lancaster Family YMCA offers a wide variety of youth and adult sports programs, including basketball, roller hockey, soccer and more. For more information, visit lancasterymca.org or contact Deric Hafer, sports director, at Dhafer@lancasterymca.org or 717-464-4000, ext. 1212.
• The Lancaster Rec Commission offers programs including youth and adult instructional sports programs and leagues, senior centers, fitness and wellness classes, summer playgrounds and day camps, full-day child care for infants through age 5, club activities, before- and after-school care, preschool education and seasonal family events. Call 717-392-2115 or visit LancasterRec.org.
• Lititz recCenter, 301 W. Maple St., Lititz, offers a variety of programs for all ages including sports, fitness, wellness, aquatics, American Red Cross classes, massage/facials, and special events. For more information visit lititzrec.com or call 717-626-5096.
• Lititz recROC, 201 Rock Lititz Blvd., Lititz, offers a variety of physical fitness activities including bouldering, obstacle course - ninja warrior style, traditional fitness, and special events. For more information visit lititzrecroc.com or call 717-874-3281.
• Manheim Township Recreation Department offers a selection of sports leagues and programs. Call 717-290-7180, ext. 3100, or visit manheimtownship.org.
• Masonic Life Center, Elizabethtown, has fitness programs, pool classes and swim times. For details, visit masonicvillagespa.org (click on Elizabethtown under “Location”).
• Southern End Community Association — SECA — in Quarryville, offers a wide variety of recreational, exercise, sports programs and leagues. Call 717-806-0123 or see secarec.org.
• Town Square Health Club in Manheim offers land and water exercise activities. Call Haley Brumbach at 717-664-6306.
• YMCA at New Holland, 123 N. Shirk Road, offers personal fitness class and programs, swim instruction, league and a wide variety of programs for youth, adult and seniors. Visit lancasterymca.org.
• The Lancaster Road Runners Club invites runners of all ages and abilities to participate in its fun runs, held throughout the area most Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m., rain or shine. This week the club will be running from 838 Helen Ave., Lancaster. For more information, contact Kathi at 717-330-9357. Details about Thursday evening and Sunday morning trail runs can be found on the club website, lrrclub.org.
• Spooky Nook Sports and Penn Legacy are sponsoring Adult Summer Outdoor 11v11 Soccer Leagues at East Petersburg Elementary School. Sign up as an individual and teams will be formed a few days before the start of the league. Registration includes a T-shirt and a one-hour game each week for eight weeks. Contact email@example.com or call 717-618-8510 to register or for more information.
• The Future Red Tornado camp, sponsored by Lancaster Rec and led by the McCaskey High School soccer coaching staff and players, will be held July 29-Aug. 1 for players ages 4-14. To be held at at the Varsity Soccer Field from 4-5:30 p.m. each day, there will be an emphasis on learning the fundamentals. Register by July 19. Cost is $20. Call the rec at 717-392-2115 or go online at LancasterRec.org for complete information.
• The Keystone State Baseball & Softball Academy will hold tryouts for the new 12U Bombers softball team from 6-8:30 p.m. June 25 and 1-4 p.m. June 30. For more information, contact Jacquie Peifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tennis Central’s third annual Give a Kid a Chance Tournament will be held July 6-7 at Bent Creek Country Club. Mixed doubles (6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and Open) will be hld July 6, and men’s and women’s doubles (6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and Open) on July 7. Guaranteed two matches per event, format is a 10-game pro set with no add scoring. For more information, contact Ariff Sumar at Ariff.email@example.com or 717-271-8853, or Jenni Grove at Jkgrove47@yahoo.com or 717-917-3693.
• Lancaster Rec will offer tennis lessons for children ages 6-15 on Saturdays from July 13 through Aug. 17 at the Buchanan Park Tennis Courts. Times vary based on age. Register by July 5 or until full. Call 717-392-2115 or go online at LancasterRec.org for complete information.
• A boys volleyball camp for children in grades 5-8, sponsored by GEARS and led by Elizabethtown High School varsity coach Lamar Fahnestock, will be held from 4:30-6 p.m. July 8-11. It will focus on the sport’s basic skills while combining individual drills, team drills and team competition. Wear sneakers and come ready to learn at Elizabethtown’s Daubert Gym, 600 E. High St. To register or for more information, go online at GetintoGEARS.org or call 717-367-0355.