AccuWeather J25

This year looks to be the longest stretch since 2003 that Lancaster County has gone without a 90-degree day.

In 2003, the first 90-degree day was June 24, according to records from Millersville University's Weather Information Center. And a temperature that warm looks unlikely with a forecast high of 83, according to the National Weather Service.

The weather service's forecast for the week puts high temperatures in the upper 80s with a chance of 90 degrees on Friday.

AccuWeather forecasts a high of 90 degrees Thursday and a high of 91 on Friday.

It's unusual to make it this far into the year without a bit of really hot weather.

For now, forecasts warn of storms this evening and overnight in Lancaster County.

The National Weather Service says there's a 30 percent chance of showers after 5 p.m. Overnight, there's a 70% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

AccuWeather says thunderstorms are possible this afternoon and overnight. Humidity levels will be high.