Firefighters Wednesday morning responded to a chimney fire in Manor Township, and answered a call to return to the scene of a fire that destroyed a house Tuesday in Colerain Township.
According to emergency communications, fire was reported in the chimney of a house at 910 Letort Road around 7:12 a.m.
Everyone who was inside the house got out safely, according to radio traffic.
Duane Hagelgans, Blue Rock Fire Rescue commissioner, said the fire was contained to the chimney, and so the only damage was smoke spreading through the house.
Also, firefighters were called back to 63 Bridle Path Road in Colerain Township around 7:20 a.m.
A county 911 dispatcher said police asked the fire company to "check the property out."
Apparently, someone spotted smoke on the property, which turned out to be coming from heated rocks, a Quarryville Fire Company officer said.
A log-and-stone house on the property was destroyed by fire early Tuesday morning.
The smoking rocks were determined not to be a threat, the officer said.
The property is home to Gnome Countryside — a unique attraction where groups go to learn about environmental stewardship from owner Richard Humphreys.