The Vaccinate Lancaster Coalition released details Tuesday about where patients who need their second dose of vaccine can go after the Lancaster County Community Vaccination Center permanently closes June 30.
Vaccinate Lancaster staff will continue to offer the option of either the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine for individuals 18 and older or the two-dose Pfizer vaccine for individuals 12 and older. Starting Thursday, individuals who receive their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine will be referred to community partners for their second-dose shot, according to a press release issued Tuesday. It is recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that the second-dose Pfizer shot be administered between 21 and 42 days from the first dose.
Community members who have a second-dose Pfizer vaccine scheduled July 1 or later will be referred to their choice of care locations at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, Penn State Health, UPMC or WellSpan Health, the release said. To schedule a second-dose appointment after June 30, patients will have the following options:
• For a Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health care location, schedule online at www.MyLGHealth.org or call 717-588-1165. The phone line will be staffed Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
• For a Penn State Health location, visit vaccine-scheduler.pennstatehealth.org or call 844-774-8883 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Vaccines are available by appointment at these dedicated Penn State Health vaccination sites:
• Berks County (2400 Bernville Road, Reading): Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
• Dauphin County (30 E. Granada Ave. #200, Hershey): Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• For a UPMC care location, visit vaccine.upmc.com or call 844-UPMCVAC (844-876-2822) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., seven days a week. To schedule in Spanish, call 833-660-2416 and press 1.
• For a WellSpan Health care location, call 855-851-3641 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. WellSpan also will offer walk-in Pfizer vaccinations from noon to 3 p.m. on the following days and locations:
• WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital – 169 Martin Ave., Ephrata (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
• WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital – 252 S. 4th St., Lebanon (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday)
• York County Community Vaccination Site – 351 Loucks Road, York (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday)
• WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital – 147 Gettys St., Gettysburg (Wednesday and Friday)