Though Pennsylvania ranks sixth in the nation for the number of craft breweries, it ranks first for the amount of craft beer produced per year, according to a report from the Brewer's Association.
In 2018, Pennsylvania brewed over 3.7 million barrels of craft beer. That means for every legal drinking-aged adult, brewers make 11.7 gallons of craft beer.
This makes us fourth in the nation for gallons per adult, with Vermont, Delaware and Alaska being the only states to average more.
Craft beer sales bring in more than $5.7 billion.
Pottsville-based D.G. Yuengling & Son Inc. was recently awarded the title of top craft brewery by sales volume from the Brewer's Association.
Overall, Pennsylvania is home to 354 craft breweries. Here's which ones are in Lancaster County:
- Appalachian Brewing Company, 55 N. Water Street, Lititz
- Black Forest Brewing Co., 301 West Main Street, Ephrata
- Bube's Brewery, 102 North Market Street, Mt. Joy
- Columbia Kettle Works, 40 N. 3rd Street, Columbia
- Fetish Brewing Company, 201 Rock Lititz Blvd Suite 22, Lititz
- Funk Brewing, 28 South Market Street, Elizabethtown
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 781 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster
- JoBoy's Brew Pub, 27-31 East Main Street, Lititz
- Lancaster Brewing Company, 302 North Plum Street, Lancaster
- Levengoods of Lancaster, 104 West King Street, Lancaster
- Mad Chef Craft Brewing, 2023 Miller Road, East Petersburg
- Meduseld Meadery, 252 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster
- Moo Duck Brewery, 79 S Wilson Avenue, Elizabethtown
- Pig Iron Brewing Co., 40 East Front Street, Marietta
- Spring House Brewing Company, 2019 Hazel Street, Lancaster
- Stoudt's Brewing Company, 2800 North Reading Road, Adamstown
- St. Boniface Brewing Co., 1701 West Main Street, Ephrata (find our limited edition 225 Lager collaboration here)
- Twisted Bine Beer Co., 93 East Main Street, Mount Joy
- Union Barrel Works, 6 North Reamstown Road, Reamstown
- Voodoo Brewery, 325 North Queen Street, Lancaster
- Wacker Brewing Co., 417 West Grant Street, Lancaster