After weeks of voting, the results are in and the historic Strasburg Railroad is now officially the second best "Scenic Train Ride" in the United States, according to USA Today's 10Best series.
Narrowly beating out Strasburg was the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, which runs from Antonito, Colorado to Chama, New Mexico.
The Strasburg Railroad was founded in 1832, making it the oldest continuously operated railroad in the country.
Strasburg Railroad's popular "Day Out With Thomas" event returns from Saturday, June 22 to Sunday, June 30.
Here is the full list of Best Scenic Train Rides in the United States, according to 10Best:
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
- Strasburg Rail Road
- Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Capitol Corridor
- Cape Cod Central Railroad
- Rocky Mountaineer
- White Pass & Yukon Route Railway
- Mount Washington Cog Railway
- Alaska Railroad Coastal Classic
- Cass Scenic Railroad