“Holey Moley” premiered Thursday on ABC. It’s an absolutely bonkers game show that takes the long beloved family activity of mini golf and ups the ante in every way imaginable.
Loop-de-loops are so enormous that they look better fit for a roller coaster than a miniature golf course. Golfers who aren’t up for the challenge might bump heads with the giant windmill, or the green will open up beneath them and they’ll fall into a swamp. And there’s some serious cash at stake, too: Each episode’s winner walks away with $25,000.
Golden State Warriors basketball star Steph Curry executive produced the show through his company Unanimous Media. Television personality Jeannie Mai (“How Do I Look?”) hosts. The program has already drawn comparisons to “American Ninja Warrior.”
If “Holey Moley” has you pining to putt close to home, look no further. Lancaster County has more than a few options to help you get your golf on. Note that this is not a comprehensive, all-inclusive list, but rather a sampling of miniature golf options in our area.
Here are seven places where you can go mini golfing in Lancaster County. All prices are per game unless otherwise noted.
VILLAGE GREENS MINIATURE GOLF AND SNACK SHOPPE
- Where: 1444 Village Road, Strasburg.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; noon to 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Cost: $8 per adult for orange course, $10 per adult for gold course.
- Contact: villagegreens.com.
- Details: Foliage lovers will love this course, which sits amidst lush greenery and beautiful flowers. There are two courses — an 18-hole (orange) and a 23-hole (gold) — depending on how much time you want to spend, with discounts for children, seniors and groups.
LOST TREASURE GOLF
- Where: 2521 Lincoln Highway East, Ronks.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: $9.75 for adults, $8.75 children 5-12.
- Contact: losttreasuregolf.com, 717-391-8234.
- Details: Lost Treasure Golf’s Lancaster location is one of nine the chain operates throughout the country. The Lancaster location is based on the (fictional) story of Duffer A. Hacker, who began searching for gold east of the Conestoga River in 1916. There’s a giant pirate ship, two 18-hole courses and a maze for plenty of family fun. There is currently a $1 off coupon on its website that’s valid until 6 p.m. every day, and seniors get $1 off any time.
PELVO’S PUTT PUTT MINI GOLF AT OVERLOOK PARK
- Where: 605 Granite Run Drive.
- Hours: Closed Monday, opens at 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; opens noon Thursday-Sunday.
- Cost: $4 kids 10 and under, $7 adults, $6 seniors.
- Contact: stonercommons.com, 717-208-6623.
- Details: A natural rock waterfall, streams, ponds and fountains are part of the landscape at Pelvo’s Putt Putt. Upon arrival, check in at the Stoner Grille to pay and get your clubs, balls and scorecards. Because of the course’s proximity to Stoner Grille, this is a good option for those looking to have a sit-down dinner before or after their game.
WATERS EDGE MINI GOLF
- Where: 230 N. Ronks Road, Bird-in-Hand.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.
- Cost: $9 adults, $7 children ages 5-12 and seniors.
- Contact: watersedgegolf.net.
- Details: As the name suggests, this is a good course for those who find bodies of water beautiful, as waterfalls, streams and ponds line this course. After your game, feed the chickens, goats and llamas at the on-site petting zoo.
BOULDERS MINIATURE GOLF
- Where: 312 Primrose Lane, Mountville.
- Hours: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday-Sunday.
- Cost: $8 for adults and $7 children under 12 evenings and weekends; seniors $7 every day; $6 for all players until 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Contact: bouldersminigolf.com.
- Details: Golfers on this 19-hole course cross over streams and ponds seven times on footbridges throughout the course. Join the mailing list on Boulders’ website for a coupon before you go, and early birds golfing before 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday get a discount.
222 DUTCH LANES BOWLING AND MINI GOLF
- Where: 4311 Oregon Pike, Ephrata.
- Hours: Noon to 9:30 p.m. Monday-Tuesday; 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday; noon to 9:30 p.m. Thursday-Friday; 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday.
- Cost: $5.50 per adult, $4 kids 12 and under, $4 seniors on weekdays.
- Contact: dutchlanes.com; 717-859-1616.
- Details: Have to keep a crowd occupied for a few hours? This is a good option for those looking for multiple activities in one place, as this mini golf course is on the same property as a bowling alley. There’s a special running now through Aug. 31: $2 plus tax for each player per round on Fridays.
THE SHACK RESTAURANT & MINI GOLF
- Where: 662 S. Oak St., Manheim.
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday; closed Mondays.
- Cost: $8.50 adults, $6.50 kids 12 and under, free for kids 3 and under.
- Contact: theshackmanheim.com, 717-664-2250.
- Details: Another great choice if you’re looking for a place where you can get a full meal, as the restaurant’s menu has family favorites like burgers, chicken fingers, salads and sundaes. There are lots of deals if you plan your trip accordingly, too: Seniors golf for half price on Tuesdays and kids play for half price on Thursdays. There’s also an unlimited “Play All Day” option for $10 per person.