June was long considered the most popular month for weddings. And if you're a fan of the Hallmark Channel and its annual lineup of "June Weddings" movies, you might think that's still the case.
But according to the most recent Newlywed Report by the online marketplace WeddingWire, 40 percent of couples now choose to get married in the fall, with October being the most popular month for weddings overall.
Here's a few more findings from the report:
• On average, couples spend 45 percent more on their weddings than they initially expected.
• Nearly half of all couples write their own wedding vows.
• Nearly 30 percent of couples plan a pre-wedding activity with their wedding party.
• 26 percent turn proposals into celebrations involving friends and family.
• The average age of couples getting married is 33.
• Couples hire an average of 14 vendors to create a one-of-a-kind guest experience, including interactive food stations (18 percent), photo booths (25 percent) fun and personalized favors (69 percent) and unique entertainment, like a wine tasting, fortune teller or casino tables (15 percent).
If you're getting married or know someone who is, check out these tips and trends from the latest issue of LNP's very own bridal magazine, I Do.
Congratulations, you’re getting married! As you start to plan your big day, it can get overwhelming. There are a lot of details to consider — …
Sweet and romantic. Bold and exciting. Sultry and exotic.
Two of the biggest 2019 wedding flower trends are ornamental grasses and dried blooms. Traditionalists, who love basic greens and lush florals…
There’s a new normal in wedding gifting: travel and experiences rather than pots and pans. Today’s newlyweds are registering to make their hon…