Surrounded by their family, Willem and Theodora van Huystee celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on July 25th at Zoetropolis, where their granddaughter, Lisbet Byler, surprised them with an early screening of ‘Oma & Opa,' a documentary about the couple's life together, produced by MAKE films. A month after marrying in Heemstede, the Netherlands in 1959, the couple immigrated to America where they eventually settled in Lancaster, PA. Over the next 60 years, they welcomed 3 children, Maarten, Lieke, and Theodora, and watched their family grow as they welcomed 10 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. Their secret to a long happy life together? Patience. Understanding. And so much love. For more info on their documentary visit www.makefilms.cc/originalfilms/oma-and-opa.
LNP Media Group, Inc.
- PennDOT to begin Oregon Pike repaving project Monday [map]
- DA: Drug Task Force busts man with 220 bags of fentanyl in his car
- Pizzeria Beddia, a Philly restaurant from a Lancaster County native, is named one of the world's best places to eat
- East Hempfield residents decry letting Amish have 2-horse barns in residential areas
- Fruit flies in liquor, dirty shelves, moldy ceiling: Lancaster County restaurant inspections, Aug. 23, 2019
- Here's what's playing at the movies in Lancaster County: Aug. 23 - 29
- 'L-L Football Update' show previews Friday's top games and more in kickoff to 2019 season [video]
- Sunflowers are reaching peak bloom at these 3 fields in the Lancaster County region; here's how to see them [photos]
- Ricky Nelson's sons, Celtic Woman performing concerts at American Music Theatre in 2020
- 20 games highlight first night of L-L League football for 2019 season [preview capsules]
- Look up! Lancaster Airport hosts Community Days Saturday and Sunday