John & Ruth Shaffer celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on June 20, 2019. The couple married in DuBois, PA and moved to Strasburg, PA where they lived until moving to Willow Valley Condominiums four years ago. They are dearly loved by their children Sherri Stoltzfus (David), Dana Butt (Steven), and Scott Shaffer (Susan), 8 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren.
LNP Media Group, Inc.
- Look up! Lancaster Airport hosts Community Days Saturday and Sunday
- Our Town Christiana: Smallest borough in Lancaster County shaped by transportation, early Civil War strife
- Not a 'typical' job: Bailiffs enjoy keeping the court running
Lancaster That Was: In 1994, city kids built bat boxes as part of Living Clean program
- Lancaster Watchdog: Year-long bridge closure in West Cocalico, 'Junkhole' in Marietta
- Libraries in Pennsylvania are getting more funding, but it's less than what they received 10 years ago
- Sunflowers are reaching peak bloom at these 3 fields in the Lancaster County region; here's how to see them [photos]
News of a battle in Philadelphia between baseball and blue laws reached Lancaster via this 1926 front page
- Penn Manor forces Conestoga Valley miscues to win opener for 1st time since 2014
- SCOREBOARD: Final scores, links to coverage from all 20 opening-night L-L League football games
- Red Lion rides first-half surge to 39-14 over McCaskey in football opener