Stores are opening Friday morning in a new part of Tanger Outlets, which has added 123,000 square feet of retail space at the Route 30 shopping center while creating a new entrance across from Dutch Wonderland.
Stores in the expanded area that are new to Tanger are:
- Francesca’s: women’s clothing retailer.
- Levi’s Outlet: jeans retailer moving from Rockvale Outlets.
- Haggar: men’s clothing retailer moving from Rockvale.
- River Street Sweets: Georgia-based candymaker whose store will open in about two weeks.
- Rack Room Shoes: shoe retailer that previously had a store at Rockvale.
- Toys R Us: toy retailer which has previously had seasonal stores at Tanger.
- The North Face: outdoor apparel and equipment retailer.
- Under Armour: activewear retailer whose Rockvale store will be closing in a couple months.
- Columbia Factory Store: outdoor apparel and products retailer.
- Express: men’s and women’s clothing retailer.
- Merrell: outdoor products and clothing retailer specializing in footwear.
- H&M: teen-focused clothing retailer.
- Auntie Anne’s: soft pretzel maker.
Stores moving from other parts of Tanger are:
- Michael Kors: fashion company selling clothing, footwear, watches and handbags.
- Ann Taylor: women’s clothing retailer.
- Go Calendars: calendar company.
- Wilsons Leather: Leather: retailer of leather jackets, belts, shoes, handbags and gloves.
- SAS Shoes: men’s and women’s footwear retailer.
- Bath & Body Works: seller of shower gels, lotions, perfumes and related products.
- Fossil: retailer known for vintage-inspired watches and leather goods.
- Polo Ralph Lauren: men’s and women’s clothing and apparel.
- American Eagle Outfitters: clothing and accessories retailer
- Aero: new store concept from Aeropostale, a teen-focused clothing retailer.
The expanded area, which adds 50 percent more retail space, was built on a 13-acre parcel to the east, behind Lancaster Family Resorts.
The expansion will create about 300 jobs while adding 640 parking spaces. An outdoor playground is being installed, and a lounge will be created in the space Polo Ralph Lauren vacated.
The expansion project, which began a year ago, cost at least $17 million. Tanger bought the tract from Lancaster Host Resort for $4.15 million and building permits for the project amount to more than $13 million.
Before the expansion, Tanger had 65 store spaces, 254,000 square feet of retail space and about 1,100 parking spaces.
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers is a publicly traded real estate investment trust. Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, Tanger Factory Outlet Centers owns 43 shopping centers in 21 states and Canada.