Five years after they bought an historic property in West Lampeter Township, Keith and Lisa Reinhart have opened Lampeter Cafe in the circa-1765 house at Village and Lampeter roads.
The roughly 90-seat Lampeter Cafe at 1702 Lampeter Road features a menu of soups, salads and breakfast quiche in addition to ice cream and pie. Smoked meats are expected to be added soon.
The seating area is on the first and second floors of the original part of the building, while an addition houses the kitchen. There’s also a space for private meetings on the second floor of the addition.
Lampeter Cafe operates with around 40 employees.
As part of the project, the Reinharts bought the lot next to the house where they put in a 48-space parking lot and built an event space called The Livery, an homage to a former outbuilding of the house.
The Livery, which has room for 60, is available for events such as bridal showers and birthday parties. A patio between the cafe and The Livery has seating for around 20.
The Reinharts declined to estimate the cost of the renovations and additions at Lampeter Cafe.
Keith Reinhart is an owner of Fillmore Container, a wholesale supplier of glass jars, closures and accessories east of Lancaster.
The building that now houses Lampeter Cafe was previously owned by Rosa Cataldo, whose family members own Pizza City in Strasburg and the Pizza Box in Gap. A deed restriction on the property prevents the cafe from selling sandwiches.