Small ceiling collapse in city
BY RYAN ROBINSON, Staff Writer
A part of a ceiling collapsed in downtown Lancaster on Tuesday night, a fire official reported.
It happened at the entrance to the Place Marie mini-mall at 52 N. Queen St. shortly before 10 p.m.
The shower of an occupied upstairs apartment had leaked for some time, ultimately causing the ceiling collapse, Lancaster Bureau of Fire Capt. Ken Barton said.
No one was injured.
Firefighters also discovered mold in the rafters from the leak, Barton said.
The ceiling had about $500 in damage, he said. He did not know how much structural damage might be found in the building.
A call to the property manager of the building was not immediately returned Wednesday.